Monday, January 24, 2011

Handmade Chenille Baby Quilt

 A while back I came across this gorgeous chenille blanket from Aesthetic Nest. I immediately put it in my "bucket list" for sewing projects! I made my version, and I LOVE it!
 My flannel backing contains three layers of flannel, ivory, brown, and light pink. Sewing the straight lines was rather tedious and time consuming. I started to "stretch" out the distance in my lines. I later learned that wasn't so good. The chenille isn't as tight as I would have liked, but it is still gorgeous!

 I bound it in a soft ivory satin.

The chenille looks as though it could use a few more washes to make it shrivel up some more! But as you can see, it isn't quite as tight as it could be, a lesson for next time!


many, many lines

A beautiful quilt for a beautiful newborn :)

~~Check out my Linky Party page to see who I'm linking to this week~~

11 comments:

  1. Oh, your version turned out so sweet - and the little darling is just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! If you have not been by yet, make sure you enter my linky contest! The best of January 2011 will be showered with prizes! I also have some great Valentines giveaways going on right now!

    http://www.thesaturdaymorningsblog.com/2011/01/strut-your-stuff-link-up-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love this idea and I'm thinking I might have to try one sooN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I made one several years ago, and sort of forgot about this technique. Thanks for sharing!

    Malory

    http://snips-and-spice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a beautiful blanket!! If you have a chance I'd love for you to come link up to handmade tuesdays @ ladybug blessings. www.ladybug-blessings.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just darling! Peeking in from the party!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Holly
    http://hallelujahsbyholly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did such a great job! Love the faux chenille idea too! Great fabrics and colors! Would love for you to come and visit me at Sew Chatty and link up to Made With Love Monday! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks awesome, and what a great idea with the faux chenille! I featured you today on my quilt round up :)

    http://sunshineandchaucer.blogspot.com/2011/02/quilt-round-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made one of these years ago.... had the same problem with the fabric stretching a bit, but it still turned out pretty cool :) I'd love to make one for my sister's baby. Have you ever tried using cotton rather than flannel?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have one of these started...but abandoned on my sewing room floor... I really need to finish it! The sewing of the lines was tricky...the weight of the blanket makes it hard to get the lines straight. I love how yours turned out :)

    ReplyDelete