Tuesday, October 25, 2011
These stickers were such a great and fun baby gift to receive :)
Love my grandma's quilt as the background, she made all the grandkids a quilt when we were babies, and now the tradition has continued for her 7 great-grandkids!
Can you tell which month isn't like the other? Yup, that would be the timeframe that we moved and I packed my grandma's quilt before taking the picture! ha! So instead I had to substitute my chenille baby quilt for one!
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Who out there doesn’t have a cell phone these days, right!?! But most cell phones are getting more and more expensive and starting to require a data plan (which I couldn’t live without…) BUT if you don’t need all the extras, use a TracFone! My mom has used one for years and refuses to switch, she loves it that she isn’t “tied to it” but has it for emergencies.
Other great reasons for a TracFone include:
How about those silly kids that think they HAVE to HAVE a phone, but you don’t want to pay for one? Here is a way they can call you when necessary, you can call them, yet they are limited in how many minutes they use! This keeps costs down, the reason that TracFone is the cheapest way to get a cell phone!
There are no contracts, no credit checks, no activation charges or cancellation fees. You pay only for your minutes, awesome!
The coverage is great, checkout the map!!
There are many brand name phones to choose from including Motorola, Kyocera, LG, Nokia, and Samsung. Phones range from the very simple “Candy Bar” phone to a Bluetooth-enabled “Smart” phone.
Monthly plans are easy. You can pay as you go online or buy cards at thousands of retail stores across the country. 1 year service cards give you more minutes, receive double minutes for the life of your TracFone and 800 minutes for only $119.00 – what a steal!
“Double Minutes for the life of your Phone” is a feature you can purchase separately for $19.99, although some phones already include it!
Monthly plans with 200 minutes are under $30, or you can get the plans as cheap as $9.99 for 50 minutes!
Even international calls are the same as a normal call, unlike most phones that charge extra!
Phones are easy for Senior Citizens, check out the video: Senior Value
Thursday, October 13, 2011
Such a fun easy dress to make!
My fabric was 1.5X the width of the onesie waist and 9" long. I was using scraps, so this was all I had. If I were making it for real, make sure the fabric is at least 2X the width of the onesie, mine was a little "tight" around her legs!
1. I don't have a serger, so I used an overlock to seal the edge. I missed taking a picture, but then took a 4" piece of trim, folded it in half, and overlocked stitched the ends together. I then sewed the trim to the bottom of the skirt.
2. I placed the skirt 3" from the leg hole
3. Taking the non sewn side of you fabric panel, run gathering stitch and gather. Pin to the onesie and stitch in place.Place skirt so that wrong side of skirt fabric matches to the right side of the onesie, placed on there looking exactly as you want it to look in the end.
4. Fold the skirt up, we are doing a french seam to cover the raw edges. Stitch just so the raw edges are completely caught in the seam and will not be sticking out.
5. Fold the skirt back down and a perfect clean skirt!
I have seen other methods that would fold the onesie in half with the skirt fabric sandwiched inbetween, also giving a clean skirt without raw edeges, however that decreases the length of the onesie. I have long torso babies, so I prefer this method as it shorted the skirt fabric and not the onesie!
Not a fan of pictures on this day!
Perfect ot play in my messy living room!
Friday, October 7, 2011
2. The girls playing nicely on the Bouncing Zebra thing
3. My little climber, the first 2 didnt' climb as much as B does!
4. B trying to help...or maybe that's just an excuse to climb in the dishwasher to help unload clean dishes!
Phone Camera Roll:
Monday, October 3, 2011
I cut an 8.5x11 piece of card stock in half to make two cards. In 30 seconds you can "quilt" scraps on, and ready to give!
Quick, Easy, Cheap, does it get better? Oh, yeah, they are cute and original too :)
Anyone besides me too lazy to wash their hair every day?!? Chasing after the kids and running to and from activities keeps every mom busy, and I prefer not to wake up any earlier than I have to :)
I also continue to hear that it is good for your hair to NOT wash it every day, that is my rationale for being "lazy" :)
Now...what to do if that hair is a bit greasy? well use TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo of course!
Image Source: TRESemme.com
It is SO easy to use, how to use:
- Shake the bottle WELL
- Lift hair in small section and shake underneath each section
- Spray in Short Bursts, holding 8-12 inches from head.
- Don't spray all over like hair (all over and continueous)
- Leave it in 1-2 minutes
- Use your fingers to distribute the spray evenly
- If your nozzle clogs, remove the nozzle, rinse it under warm water and then reattch
There is a full line of products to spoil yourself with! There are several dry shampoos to fit your specific needs. They are each “uniquely formulate to absorb excess oil and remove odor” without needing water. Citrus Extracts leave your hair not only clean, but smelling delicious as well!
The TRESemmé Fresh Start Dry Shampoo line includes (as stated on the website):
Strengthening Dry Shampoo: The formula, with B12 vitamins and keratin, helps strengthen hair and leaves it full of healthy body
Volumizing Dry Shampoo: The formula, with mineral clay and citrus, removes oil while injecting hair with salon-gorgeous volume
Smoothing Dry Shampoo: The formula, with Vitamin H & Silk Proteins, refreshes your straight style by removing excess oil, impurities and odor to ensure your smooth look lasts.
Moisturizing Waterless Foam Shampoo: The formula, with Witch Hazel, Citrus, and Aloe Vera, refreshes your hair by removing excess oil, impurities and odor while moisturizing hair.
TRESemme has teamed up with celeb Julia Allison to show a tutorial video on how to use TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo! Check out the video here.
**She is also giving away a $500 gift card to Target to one lucky viewer!!