Friday, April 29, 2011

Baby Leg Warmers

Remember when I posted this picture of my Baby at 6 months?

Well, here is how to make the knit leg warmers! I've seen tons of simple tutorials on how to make leg warmers out of socks, but of course as it's now spring, I couldn't find any cute knee highs in the women's section, so I took matters into my own hands to make lightweight leg warmers :)

First off, measure those adorable chunky legs at the thigh and at the ankle and grab how long you want them to be.

Draw a straight line for the length. At the top draw a line that is HALF the thigh measurement. At the bottom draw a line that is HALF the ankle measurement. Connect the lines and this is your pattern. (make sure to cut the right way so that the leg warmers stretch!)

Cut two of the pattern

Right sides together, match up the long edges and sew.

Fold up a quarter inch on the top and bottom and hem. I pulled the fabric tight as I went so the thread would stretch with it.
Quick and easy!

** Check out the fabulous blogs I'm linking up with, I've listed them here: http://itssewforyou.blogspot.com/p/linky-partys.html
Including: http://todayscreativeblog.net/
** Check out my Linky Party on Tuesday!
http://itssewforyou.blogspot.com/2011/02/its-sew-fun-tuesday.html

9 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. Your little lady is such a doll! Great job on the leg warmers, they look so good on those sweet, chubby little legs! I'd love for you to visit my blog sometime, www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous legwarmers! and such a cute model too!!
    Just stopped by to let you know I featured the t-shirt upcycle project you linked on Creating my way to Success, on my blog post today!
    t-shirt upcycling
    Thanks so much for linking up! I also wanted to let you know that I”ve upgraded to picture linkies, so if you want to submit the link again with a picture you are most welcome to do this.!
    Hope you have a lovely week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the legwarmers and the cute ruffled diaper cover!!! Your little girl is WAY TOO CUTE also! I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so cute! Your newest follower. Hope you can visit me sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling leg warmers for an even more darling little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A-Dorable!
    I just started a linky party this past Tuesday. It was a great success with over 50 link ups! I would love it if you would participate! It's called $10 Tuesdays and it's for things that cost less than $10 and take 20-30 mins (ish) to complete. I love inexpensive and quick projects and I'm guessing others will too ;) Thanks so much for considering.
    Tina
    http://sweetfloweret.blogspot.com/
    PS. I'm GIVING away 50 button pony tailers this month! Come visit and claim yours ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are just super adorable! I love the polka dots and colors! Thanks for linking to It's Stinkin' Cute Craft Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute, and I LOVE her little flower headband too.
    Dannyelle @ www.lifeisaparty.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun and festive and that model is tough to beat. Such a cutie. Thanks for sharing on Motivated Monday.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete