Friday, February 10, 2012

Kids Art

To finish off the "art work" in the kids room, I wanted something fun to make fun of the fact that it is a brother and sister sharing a room.


I made a sign to hang over each kids bed, to show that it is their personal space!


I threw together the signs in Photoshop, uploaded them to Wal-mart and had them printed on canvas. Why Wal-mart? Because it is where I found the cheapest canvas :)


The picture doesn't show it very well, but each child is in a Junior Loft. As much as I would have loved normal bunk beds to make the room feel bigger, I had two concerns 1) they would fight over who got the top bunk, and 2) the ceiling is too low and they would hit themselves on the ceiling fan!

With two beds in there, I wanted additional space, so the junior lofts creates a play area underneath for them. I'm in the works on creating curtains so that they can have "forts" under their beds!


for links on the Reverse Silhouette Art you can check out the Rocket and the Ballerina!

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled across your blog when searching loft beds. I have twin daughters, and I'm considering going for the jr. lofts when they get a little bigger. Do you like them thus far? Their shared room is only 100 sq ft so I'm hoping it creates a nice space for them.

    ReplyDelete