I love the minky and flannel together, so warm, soft, and cuddly. Perfect combination to snuggle with from newborn to toddler!
The Silky Cuddle Blanket
1 yard minky
1 yard flannel
1 package of silk binding
Finished size: (approximate) 38"x46"
- Cut minky to 36"x44", square off the flannel, 1 yard should be approximately 36"x44"
- Manually wrap the silk around the edges, this will give you the length needed. At each corner fold the edge up 2" so there is a total of a 4" loop at each corner. Add a seam allowance and cut so it matches the length you just measured.
- sew the ends of the silk together.
- Sandwich the satin between the flannel and minky, right sides together all raw edges matching up.
- to create the corner fold up the satin 2" at the corner, angle it and fold the other direction. You will have excess satin hanging out
- Sort of ruffle the satin along the corner and pin the "sandwich" in place. Be careful that all folded edges of the corner are tucked neatly in and will NOT get caught in your sewing, however you do want to make sure that ALL of the raw edges get caught
- Pin well!
- Sew all along the edge leaving a 3-4" opening to flip the blanket right side out. Then stitch a narrow seam along the flannel/minky edge all the way around
- All raw edges on the satin will be hidden, and you will only see the one seam where you sewed the edges together!
I have an embroidery machine, so I love to personalize the gift. You could also hand applique or hand embroider and design on
My 3, almost 4 year old fights my 8 month old for the blanket we have like this! Perfect for all little ages :)