Monday, May 16, 2011

Scappy Doll

& Linky Party!

I've been a little scrapped for time lately...so my posts have been a lot less lately! We are trying to sell our house {cleaning for showings are a nightmare with 3 kids home all day!}, I've decided to run a 10k this weekend {totally not a runner and only running 1-2 miles right now - oops!}, and then trying to have fun sewing...so blogging has hit a back burner.

This week to try to simplify my life, I've added Its Sew Fun Tuesday to the bottom of this link. Please scroll down, check out the doll and add a link!!

Scrappy Doll
My daughter is finally acting like a girl instead of a tomboy in a dress and starting to play with dolls :)  So for Easter I thought it would be so fun to add a doll to her Easter {bag} basket!


I was eyeing this Black Apple Doll at Martha Stewart, thinking it was adorable!

I printed and cut the pattern and started to go...the legs were TINY! So I decided I must have missed adding a seam allowance :)  I then retraced the legs and arms adding seam allowances, but left the body and head at the size they were as I liked those!


I, of course, had to put my own spin on her look :) I liked the no face look, although my daughter thought it was silly! And I added a removable skirt :)

Here she is without her skirt!

Now, add some links to my weekly party! I can't wait to check them out :)





** Check out the fabulous blogs I'm linking up with, I've listed them here: http://itssewforyou.blogspot.com/p/linky-partys.html
Including: http://todayscreativeblog.net/

4 comments:

  1. Great job with the doll, I like the removable skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the doll!! Thanks for linking @'Sew Cute Tuesday'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melissa~

    Thanks for hosting such a fun party! I so admire your talent for sewing, so I have featured you as my New Neighbor on the Blog. :) Please drop by & see...

    ~Christina~

    Drop By The Tattered Tag

    ReplyDelete