Very simple, very fast, VERY cute :)
I used a 3-6 month onesie
1. Cut 3 strips that are approximately 3" by 19" long and iron each strip in half
Now, to skip "ruffling" and give it a more pleated look, follow these instructions!
3. place the bottom ruffle in line with the top of the leg opening and pin in the center
4. Pin both edges where you want the ruffle to end
5. Pin the middle of each side
6. keep pinning the middle of the bubbles until it is as pleated as you would like it to be
7. No sew a quarter inch from the top. I sewed mine messy so it wasn't a smooth pleat, but more of a cross with ruffles.
8. Do the same with the top 2 ruffles, placing them so the bottom of the ruffle falls just on top of the sew line of the previous ruffle.
Enjoy your cutie in the ruffle. Throw it under a dress so that when it flips up she's adorable!
** Check out the fabulous blogs I'm linking up with, I've listed them here: http://itssewforyou.blogspot.com/p/linky-partys.html
** Check out my Linky Party on Tuesday!